Norton Antivirus is a comprehensive protection for all your favourite devices – smartphones, tablets, PCs, and Macs. It ensures a great web protection, mobile device tracking, privacy technology, etc.
It is in existence since 1991 as part of its Norton family of computer security products. It identifies viruses, provides email spam filtering and phishing protection. While there are many versions of Norton Antivirus, the latest version for Windows is 188.8.131.52 and for MAC it is 8.4.3 Build 7.
If you have purchased Norton Antivirus, you would need to create an account to activate your antivirus program. You need to install the extensions for Chrome browsers.
Here are the steps to add Norton Antivirus to Chrome:
The latest versions of the Norton Antivirus are compatible with Google Chrome. Begin with starting your Norton product. A pop up will appear suggesting about the toolbar extensions. In case of no pop-up, click settings and continue with the following instructions:
- Go to detailed settings and click on Identity safety.
- Now click on Configure.
- On the present Window, you will see the settings icon.
- Click on it and on the general tab, next to Google Chrome, click Install extension
- You will be guided by the on-screen instructions to install the extensions. Add all the extensions by visiting the Norton Identity Safe Website from the Chrome browser.
- In case of any trouble, you can take the expert advice via Norton Customer Phone Number.
Benefits of adding Norton Antivirus to Chrome
After adding the Google Chrome extension, you can search, surf, and shop safely online because all the visited websites would be detected against viruses, spyware, malware, and other threats lurking within the pages. Norton Antivirus web extension comes with the feature of safety ratings for each of the websites, before your next visit. The ratings are:
- Security is indicated by a Norton Secured icon.
- Safety is indicated by a “green” icon.
- Untested is indicated by the gray question mark icon.
- Unsafe is indicated by the red cross ‘x’ icon.
- Caution is indicated by an orange exclamation mark.
Thus, adding Norton Antivirus to chrome is completely worthy. You can enhance your web search experience with ensure site safety status each time.