Whenever you lose your phone, the first and foremost thing you do is you try to remember where you’ve last seen it. However, sometimes, you are unable to remember the exact location, where you’ve kept it. Keeping this situation in view, many smartphones and tablets in the market are now coming up with the apps, which will enable you to track the location of your lost phone.
Those applications may not always help you to track down your phone, but they are a good thing to start with, whenever it comes to search your lost mobile devices.
How can Norton Mobile Security help you in locating your phone?
If you have installed Norton mobile security on your smartphones, then this can help you to track down your phone. This application not only gives your smartphone complete protection from latest virus but it also comes with anti-theft features, which will help you to locate your smartphones, if you’ve lost it.
It allows you to track your lost mobile devices either by web or through SMS. If you are using the web to locate your smartphone, then you can look for your smartphone by signing in to your Norton account. Visit the Anti-theft features page, and then choose one of the following listed features:-
- Lock Device: You have to type a message which you want to be displayed on the Locked screen of your phone and then click on the ‘Lock Device’ option; this will enable you to lock your device so that nobody can misuse it.
- Turn on ‘Lost mode’: This will lock your smartphone and enable auto-tracking mode, and even makes a sound, click photos so that you can find out where it is.
- Click on the ‘Locate Now’ option: With the help of this option, you can track down your phone by accessing the current location of your phone.
- Scream option: Sometimes, the one who has stolen your smartphone tries to keep your phone on silent mode. You have to click on the ‘Scream’ option, which will make a loud sound from your lost phone.
- ‘Sneak peek’ feature: With Norton Mobile Security, you will get this feature in your smartphones which will enable the device to take pictures after you lost it so that it becomes easy for you to track the device.
- Click on ‘Remove screen lock’ option: Once you find your lost phone, choose and click the option to Remove screen lock and resume using the device.
- Wipe device option: If you are sure that you will not be able to track your device and there is no chance of getting back your device, then click on the ‘Wipe Device’ to delete all your personal and valuable data from the device.
- Use Norton Mobile Security’s SMS anti-theft feature: Using security services such as Norton Mobile security will not only provide you the complete security by also give you anti-features which may be not there when you download the free security apps.
To sum up:- It is impossible to avoid device loss or theft situations; however, you can take precautions to stay protected and secured. It is recommended to install Norton Mobile Security application so that if such a situation occurs, it will be easy for you to track your device.